Make a great gift for Mother's Day - a pen and pencil holder.
- 1 glass jar
- Popsicle sticks
- Multi-colored paint
- Construction paper
- Rubber bands
- Markers or crayons
- All-purpose glue
- Paint brush
- Wide paint brush or sponge brush
- Safety scissors
- Remove the label on the glass jar (if needed).
- Use tape to wrap construction paper around outside of the jar. Wrap the jar as tight as possible.
- Paint the popsicle sticks in any color. Let dry.
- While the sticks are drying, paint some glue on the paper around the jar. Cover completely.
- Add your sticks all around the jar, covering the entire surface.
- Wrap a few rubber bands around the jar to keep the sticks in place until the glue dries. Let dry.
- While the sticks are drying, write "Mom" on a piece of construction paper. Cut it out.
- Once jar is dry, remove rubber bands.
- Tape "Mom" on the jar.