Create a pop-up card for your loved one. Add a picture of yourself to pop out of the card!
- 1 piece of cardboard (from a macaroni box)
- 2 strips of cardboard (cut out from the macaroni box)
- 1 full length picture of yourself with your arms stretched out
- 1 cardboard tube (from roll of paper towels)
- 1 large piece of paper
- Red paint (in bowl or cup that you can dip kitchen roll in)
- Red glitter
- Glue stick
- Safety scissors
- Fold the large piece of paper in half like a card. Open the card.
- Bend and push the end of a cardboard tube to make it into a heart shape. Dip into red paint to make a heart stamp.
- Stamp heart shapes in each of the 4 corners of the right-hand inside page (where a greeting card usually has text).
- Sprinkle the heart shapes with red glitter. Clean off excess glitter. Let dry.
- Print out a full length photo of you with your arms stretched out.
- Use a glue stick to glue the picture onto the piece of cardboard.
- Cut out the picture and cardboard.
- Fold the 2 strips of cardboard, zig-zag style about five times each to make springy bits.
- Tape each strip to the back of your photo - placing one toward the top and one toward bottom.
- Tape the other ends of the cardboard to the inside of your card (in the middle of the right hand side where the hearts are)
- Fold the card shut and use your fingers to paint a giant heart on the front of the card.
- Add glitter to the heart before the paint dries. Clean off excess glitter. Let dry.
- Write a message to your loved one!