Invite your friends to an ice skating party using these invitations.
- White card or white cardstock
- 1 pencil
- 1 lid (from a small bottle, such as vanilla extract)
- Blue tissue paper, cut in small squares
- Silver glitter
- Aluminium foil
- String or wool
- Craft glue or glue stick
- Single hole-punch
- Safety scissors
- Draw an outline of an ice skate on white cardstock.
- Cut out the ice skate using safety scissors.
- Using a hole-punch, make holes down the side of the ice skate for the laces.
- Fold a square of blue tissue paper several times and cut out shapes to make snow flakes.
- Repeat, until you have made 3 or 4 snow flakes.
- Glue these to the ice skate using a glue stick.
- Make dots around the ice skate with glue and sprinkle silver glitter on to them. Clean off remaining glitter.
- Dip the lid into glue and cover in glitter.
- Use the lid as a stamp to add glitter circles around the holes. Add more glue and glitter to the lid as needed.
- Take a piece of aluminium foil and scrunch it up into a long piece. Bend the ends up at the sides.
- Turn the skate over and tape the foil along the bottom to look like the blade of the ice skate.
- Wrap a piece of tape around a piece of string or wool (this makes it easier to thread).
- Take the other end and tape it to the back of the ice skate.
- Thread the wool/string through each hole - in and out - to look like a lace.
- Now, you can write on the back of the invitation to invite friends to your ice skating party!