This pretty weaved basket is so easy to make, great for hand eye coordination, and perfect for taking your teddy to the teddy bear’s picnic in style!
- 2 paper plates
- 1 paper bag (from bread)
- A few old birthday cards
- Fold both paper plates in half.
- Snip straight cuts (about 1 centimeter apart) from the folded end up to the fanned edge of the paper plate. Do this for both plates.
- Cut strips of birthday cards - again start from the folded edge of the card and cut in a straight line to the end of the card. Make each strip approximately 1 centimeter.
- Open the paper plates and weave the strips of birthday card in and out of the cut slits. Alternate each so that the strip of birthday card goes over and then under, until the end.
- Secure the ends with tape.
- Once both plates have been completely weaved fold the plates in half again.
- Place the folded edges to the outside and place one plate inside the other on an angle to make a heart shape.
- Secure the plates in place using tape.
- Open up the plates to make a heart shaped basket.
- To make the handle of the basket, cut down the sides of the paper bag until you reach the bottom of the bag. Do not cut to the end of the paper bag - just enough to open it up and lay it flat.
- Twist the bag from one end to the other to create a strong handle.
- Stick each end to the inside of the heart basket with lots of tape to secure it.
- Now you can place your favorite teddy inside the basket and take him to the picnic!