Hang this sun-catching fish mobile in any window or door.
- 6 CDs or DVDs
- 1 plastic hanger
- 2 plastic round lids, cut into 4 segments
- 6 small paper hearts (from construction paper)
- 3 pieces of string, cut to different lengths
- Tissue paper
- Blue construction paper
- Glitter glue
- To make the fish's fins and tails, decorate the segments of plastic lids using sequins and glitter glue. Let dry.
- Using tape, attach a piece of string to the non-shiny side of a disc.
- Tape 2 CDs or DVDs together so that the reflective sides are showing.
- Cut out 6 small paper hearts to look like big fishy lips.
- Tape the lips to the CDs or DVDs.
- Tape buttons as the fish's eye on both sides.
- Once the plastic lids are dry, use tape to attach the top fin (where the string is) and tail fin. Set aside.
- Fold the tissue paper in a zig-zag style to make a fan.
- Push the tissue paper through the hole in the disc. Fan out the tissue paper to make this look like the side fins of a fish.
- Tie the end of the string to the hanger, with one at each end and one in the middle. Tape the knots to the hanger.
- Cut blue construction paper into a wave shape.
- Tape the wave to each corner of the hanger.
- Hang the sun catcher in front of a door or window.