Make magic with this magic milk picture! This picture is so much fun to watch and make you will find yourself doing it again and again.
- 1 large container (such as a disposable pie tin)
- Milk (enough to cover the bottom of the container)
- 4 colors of food coloring (red, green, blue, yellow) in squeezable bottles
- Dishwashing liquid in a bottle
- White paper
- Pour the milk into the large container. Make sure the bottom is well covered.
- Add a couple of drops of red food coloring to the middle of the container.
- Add a couple of drops of blue food coloring next to the red.
- Now add a couple of drops of the green food coloring next to the others.
- And finally add a couple of drops of the yellow food coloring.
- Now you are ready for the magic…..add a drop of dishwashing liquid (either by squeezing in a drop or using a cotton swab) to the middle of the food coloring.
- Watch the colors react and dance around creating amazing twirl and swirl patterns.
- Then dip your paper gently on top of the milk and food colouring and quickly pull it out and leave to dry.
- Once dry you will end up with a magic milk rainbow picture. In the meantime, you can add a little more dishwashing liquid and see the colors move around again and again.