Make this necklace as a special present for your mom, with a beautiful rose on the front and a picture of you on the back. She will wear it with pride!
- 1 plastic ketchup lid
- A length of string
- 1 cardboard circle (cut to the same size as the ketchup lid)
- A photo of you (cut into a circle the same size as the ketchup lid)
- Penne pasta (or any pasta with a hole you can thread string through)
- Red, green and yellow paint
- All-purpose white glue
- Celery heart
- Red glitter
- Aluminum foil
- 4 paper bowls
- Safety scissors
- Paint brush
- Mix half red paint and half glue together in a bowl.
- Dip cut cross-section of celery heart (make sure it has dried out slightly) into the red paint mixture.
- Press the celery heart onto the cardboard circle to create the rose print.
- Sprinkle your rose print with red glitter and leave to dry.
- Put the red, green and yellow paint each in their own bowl.
- Add a handful of pasta to each bowl. Using a paintbrush, mix it around until all the pasta is fully covered.
- Carefully take each piece of pasta out of the bowl and place on aluminum foil (or equivalent) to dry.
- Open the ketchup lid. Run the string inside the lid and then close the lid.
- Glue the glitter rose to the front of the ketchup lid.
- Turn the lid over and push the picture into the back. (If the picture does not stay put just by pushing it in, you can use some sticky putty to make sure it stays.)
- Thread pasta onto string and get an adult to tie the ends in a knot.
- Give to your mom to wear!