Becoming a big brother or sister is a very important job — important enough to mark it with a special badge!
- 2 lids, one slightly smaller than the other (lids should fit snugly together when placed one inside the other)
- 1 round piece of cardboard from inside of the larger lid (usually tucked into the underside of the lid)
- 1 piece of cardstock or construction paper (to cut into strips to make legs)
- 1 paper cupcake liner
- 2 googly eyes
- Yarn, in a color to match child's hair
- Felt-tip pens or markers
- All-purpose white glue
- Sticky putty or packing tape
- Safety scissors
- Remove the round bit of cardboard from the back of the larger lid. This should fit perfectly on top of the lid to be able to make your face. (If there is no cardboard inside your lid, cut a round piece of cardboard to match the size of your lid.)
- Glue the googly eyes on the cardboard and draw a nose and mouth to make a face.
- Add hair to the cardboard and decorate to look like you. For a boy, you can use a folded a paper cupcake case to make spiky hair. For a girl, you can use yarn for the hair and a folded cupcake liner to make a bow and a skirt.
- Fold 2 strips of card accordion style (back and forward) to make two springy legs. Attach legs to the lid with tape.
- Stick the cardboard to the flat side (top) of the lid. You can use glue, sticky putty or packing tape.
- Place the badge on top of the clothing it will be worn on and place the slightly smaller lid under the clothing and push it into the bigger lid. This should keep the badge in place.