A flying bird that hangs in your window is the perfect place to grow fresh herbs. This one is made with your very own hands and feet!
- Different colored paper (or cardstock)
- 2 triangles cut from orange cardstock
- Safety scissors
- A plastic bottle
- 2 googly eyes
- An herb plant
- Hole punch
- Your hand and foot
- Cut a large hole in the side of the plastic bottle.
- Using a hole punch, make a two holes, one on either side of the large cut-out hole. (This is to thread string through to hang your bird).
- Place your hand onto one of the pieces of paper. Draw around your hand with your fingers spread open. Repeat this 4 times on different colors of card.
- Draw around your hand when your fingers are closed. Repeat 4 times on different colors of card.
- Draw around one of your feet. Repeat 4 times on different colors of card.
- Draw around your other foot. Repeat 4 times on different colors of card.
- Cut out all the hands and feet.
- Take an orange triangle and use tape to stick it around the top of the lid of the bottle. Repeat with the other triangle around the bottom of the lid so it looks like the beak of the bird.
- Glue 2 googly eyes above the bird's beak.
- Tape together all the matching hands and feet, slightly fanning them out so you can see all the colors.
- Fold the bottom of each to make a flap. You will use tape to stick them to the plastic bottle.
- Using tape, adhere the feet on either side of the hole in the bottle to look like wings.
- Using tape, adhere the closed hands at the bottom of the bottle to look like a tail.
- Using tape, adhere the open hands at the top of the large hole to look like hair.
- Thread a long piece of string through the two small holes. Tie ends of string together, making sure the string is long enough to hang your bird.
- Plant your herbs into the large hole and hang your bird in the window to get sunlight.