Turn normal red play clay into a sparkling reminder of a trip to the Big Red Lighthouse.
- Red play clay
- Red glitter
- Blue paint
- 1 pie tin
- 1 empty margarine/butter container
- 1 large yogurt or ricotta cheese container
- Small plastic clear container with lid
- A piece of black paper
- Battery-operated tea light
- Aluminium foil
- Jug of water
- On a non-stick surface, roll out the play clay.
- Sprinkle red glitter all over the clay. Fold over the side of the clay, push flat again and repeat until all the glitter is mixed evenly throughout the clay.
- Push some clay into an empty margarine container and turn it out.
- Cover the margarine container with aluminium foil and place upside down in the pie tin.
- Place the clay from the margarine mold on top of the covered upside-down margarine container.
- Roll out a tube of clay and push down either side with both hands to make it into a triangular shape.
- Fold a piece of black paper and place it on the top of the triangular play clay. Sit it on top of the clay from the margarine container.
- Push clay into a yogurt or ricotta cheese container and turn it out. Place this next to the triangular shaped clay.
- Place a battery-operated tealight in the empty plastic clear container and close the lid.
- Place this on top of the molded clay from the yogurt or ricotta cheese container.
- Roll out some clay into a ball and then push around the sides using your hands to shape it into a peak. Place this on top of the lid of the clear plastic container.
- Pour some water into the pie tin and mix in a little blue paint to turn the water blue.