Learn to make a rocket ship so you can fly to outer space.
- 1 container (oatmeal container works best)
- Card stock or construction paper
- 1 plate or bowl (to help draw a circle)
- All-purpose white glue or tape
- Safety scissors
- Use construction paper or card stock to cover the outside of the container.
- Using the plate or bowl, trace a circle that is larger than the bottom of your oatmeal container on a piece of card stock paper.
- Using safety scissors, cut out the circle and cut a slit towards the middle of the circle.
- Overlap the edges of the slit to create a wide cone-shaped top for the rocket ship. Tape or glue the edges together.
- Flip the oatmeal container upside down.
- Cut four slits about 2.5 inches up from the bottom around the opening of the container. The slits should be equally spaced.
- Cut out two equally sized triangles from the card stock paper, that are larger than the bottom of the oatmeal container.
- Cut halfway down the middle of one triangle and halfway up the middle of the other. Slide the two triangles together to make an X.
- Take the X you have made and slide it into the bottom slits of the oatmeal container.
- Tape or glue the coned shape top to the other side of the oatmeal container.
- Decorate the rocket ship however you like and blast off!