Create a fresh smelling soap sculpture of your very own!
- 1 moisturizing soap bar
- 5 tablespoons uncooked oatmeal
- 4 tablespoons water
- Cheese grater
- Cookie cutters (any shape and size)
- Baking tray
- Wax paper
- Food processor, or rolling pin
- Plastic zip-top sandwich bag
- Large mixing bowl
- Tissue paper (optional)
- Ribbon or yarn (optional)
- Put wax paper on a baking tray, and arrange the cookie cutters on the wax paper.
- Using a cheese grater, shred the soap bar into a large mixing bowl.
- Crush up the oatmeal using a food processor. You can also put the oatmeal in a zip-top plastic bag, and use a rolling pin to crush it.
- Stir the water into the shredded soap flakes, and microwave for approximately 15 seconds until the soap is liquefied.
- Add the crushed oatmeal to the liquefied soap, and stir until evenly combined. Be careful - soap will be very hot.
- Pour the soap mixture into the cookie cutters, and set aside to cool and harden.
- Once soap is completely cooled and solid, push the newly shaped soap bars out of the cookie cutter molds.
- Wrap the soap bars up in tissue paper and ribbon, and give as a sweet-scented, useful homemade gift!