Sproutlet or dinosaur? It's hard to tell with this fun Dino Helmet!
- 1 small recycled shipping box (or small cardboard box)
- 2 paper cups
- White construction paper
- Crayons or markers
- All-purpose white glue or tape
- Safety scissors
- Glue or tape one small lid flap of the box to the inside, so there are 3 lid flaps left hanging (2 lengthwise and 1 widthwise.)
- Glue white construction paper to the outside of the 3 hanging lid flaps. Cut away the excess paper to fit to the size of the lid flaps.
- Cut triangle shapes out of the 3 hanging lid flaps to make the shape of dinosaur teeth.
- Draw and color in a black circle on the bottom of each paper cup.
- To create the "eyes," glue the 2 paper cups on their sides to the bottom of the box (which is actually the top of the helmet), with the bottom of the cups facing the front row of "teeth."
- Measure and cut an 8-inch strip of elastic. Glue the ends of your elastic strip to the left and right sides of the inside of the box (this acts as a chin strap to help the helmet stay on.)
- After the glue dries, decorate the box in your favorite colors using crayons or markers.
- Now you have your own Sproutlet-osaurus! RAWR!