Why can’t I play videos when using Google Chrome?
If you are using Google Chrome and having trouble playing videos when you log in with your MVPD credentials, you might need to adjust your set Privacy settings.
Do I need to have an active Internet connection to access Sprout Now?
- Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button at the top right corner of the browser.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Content Settings button under Privacy.
- Scroll down to Unsandboxed plug-in access.
- Click the Allow all sites to use a plug-in to access your computer radio button.
- Once you’ve changed your settings, close all browser windows.
- Restart your browser and navigate to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html.
- A page will appear with Protected Content Playback Settings panel. Press the "Reset License Files" button.
- Restart the browser, navigate to the site, log in, and enjoy.
Yes, you will need an active high-speed Internet connection to access Sprout Now from your desktop or laptop computer.
Will I need to download and install anything onto my computer to watch Sprout Now?
You may need to update your video players and their plug-ins to their most current versions. Please make sure you have updated and installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, if you are experiencing difficulties playing video.
Why am I not getting confirmation that my MVPD credentials are authenticated?
You will need to enable user cookies. Here are instructions to enable it in Chrome.
1. Go to Chrome Settings by either typing "chrome://settings/" in the browser locator or by clicking on Chrome --> Preferences in the menu bar.
Why isn't my MVPD login working with Safari for Mac?
2. Make sure you are in the Settings page (see left menu navigation). Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Show Advanced Setting" link, which will open up the privacy settings.
3. Under the Privacy section, click on the Content Settings button.
4. In the "Content Setting" screen under the Cookies section make sure "Allow local data to be set" is selected and "Block third-party cookies and site data" is unselected.
To login with MVPD, your browser needs access to cookies. Safari for Mac blocks cookies by default. The fix is easy – enable cookies. Here's how:
1. Select 'Safari > Preferences' from the menu bar
Why am I getting an error message when browsing with Internet Explorer 9?
2. Select the 'Privacy' tab
3. Change the 'Block cookies' setting to 'Never'
4. Reload the page, log in, and enjoy.
IE9 is supported, but its Compatibility View feature is not. The fix is simple — turn off Compatibility View mode. Here's how:
1. Select Tools from the Menu bar (If it's not visible, press Alt on your keyboard)
What are the system requirements to access Sprout Now on my desktop computer?
2. Select Compatibility View Settings. A panel will open. Uncheck all 3 options at the bottom of the panel.
3. Select the Close button to save your changes.
4. Reload the page, and enjoy.
Sprout Now is currently supported on the following Operating Systems:
What web browsers can I access Sprout Now from on my desktop computer?
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- OS X Mavericks
Sprout Now is currently supported on the following browsers:
- Chrome 10+
- Safari 7+ - Mac Only
- Firefox 13+
- Internet Explorer 10+