Plan ahead - if you'd like your card to be considered for Sprout TV, please mail it at least two weeks in advance.
1. Make a card
Get together and make a homemade birthday card! The card must be for a child (ages 2-6*) and feature your favorite PBS KIDS Sprout character(s). Please note that Sprout does consider cards from families with special needs children who are under the age of 12. Please indicate on the "Entrant Release Form" if your older child has special needs. Be creative and have fun with your birthday card! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Include a fun picture of the child
- Maybe a family pet wants to wish your child a happy birthday? Everyone can get involved - grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, baby sitters and teachers. The more the merrier! *Please do not put a last name or address on the front or inside of the card.
- Try to avoid white, orange and pink paper as well as light-colored or very thin markers because they don't show up very well on TV.
2. Print and sign the entrant release form*.
* Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download it.
3. Mail in your card
Send your birthday greetings to us! Please note: You must include the signed release form with your birthday greeting. Entries are accepted by mail only and the mailing address is included on the form. No card will be selected without a signed release form.
4. Watch Sprout!
Watch The Sunny Side Up Show and The Good Night Show on your child's birthday! If you do not see your card on TV, you can also find it by clicking on "Birthdays" at the top of Sprout Online.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are cards selected to be shown on TV?
Selection is based upon uniqueness and creativity of the birthday greeting, as well as the content and the clarity of the card on camera. Unfortunately, we cannot notify the entrants whose cards have been chosen, nor can we return cards or send tapes of Sprout TV segments.
What about the scrolling birthday messages?
Cards that are not shown may appear on the scroll, as long as they are received in time, generally two weeks before the birthday.
Which cards are uploaded to Sprout Online?
All cards that meet the criteria above will be scanned and uploaded to Sprout Online, as long as they are received in time, generally one week before the birthday. Please note that only the front of your card will be shown.