- Five oranges, halved and hollowed out for bowls (save the inside to add to fruit salad)
- Rainbow of fruit:
- - red apples, 1 cup thinly sliced
- - oranges, 1 cup halved
- - pineapple, 1 cup cubed
- - melon, 1 cup cubed
- - grapes, 1 cup halved or quartered
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Serving platter
- Wash fruit thoroughly.
- Cut oranges in half.
- Using a paring knife, cut the inside out to use as fruit salad serving bowls. Save the inside for the salad.
- Trim the bottom of each half so that it lays flat.
- Chop all of the fruit into bite sized pieces. Halve or quarter grapes and thinly slice apples.
- Toss all of the fruit in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice.
- Spoon the fruit salad into orange peel halves on a platter, garnish with mint leaves and serve!