- 4 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jelly
- ¾ cup self raising flour (plus extra for rolling) self-rising flour
- Jello crystals
- Medium Bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Cutters- fish, sharks, octopus, shells etc.
- Popsicle Sticks
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, butter and jelly. Beat until light and creamy.
- Add flour and mix until smooth dough is formed.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Dust counter and rolling pin with extra flour and roll out cookie dough until 3/8th inch thick
- Using cookie cutters, cut out shapes from the dough.
- Place cookie shapes on a cookie sheet leaving plenty of room and insert a popsicle stick through the bottom of each shape, carefully pushing through the dough until the stick is secure.
- Use a teaspoon to mark scales on the fish and a chopstick to mark eyes.
- Sprinkle the shapes with different colored jello crystals.
- Bake approx 12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray.