- 2 cups shredded or chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (approx. 8 ounces) browned lean ground beef
- 1 cup taco sauce, divided in two 1/2 cup portions
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces triangular blue corn or multi-colored tortilla chips
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring cups
- Frying pan for browning meat
- In a frying pan, brown ground beef, strain, and rinse under hot water. Return to pan.
- Add 1/2 cup taco sauce to ground beef, mix, and set aside.
- On plate, create tail-shaped taco salads layering tomatoes, then cheese, then ground beef, and then lettuce.
- Sprinkle green pepper over the top to give your dragon a green tail.
- Place triangle chips standing up in row on top to look like points on the dragon tail (may need to break chips into smaller pieces to fit in toddler-size portions).