- 1 slice of whole-wheat bread (with at least 3 grams of fiber/slice)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large egg
- Butter knife
- Cookie cutter
- Cookie sheet
- Serving plate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a slice of whole-wheat bread and lightly butter both sides.
- Take a round cookie cutter (large enough to hold an egg) and press the shape out of the center of the bread.
- Place the outer piece of the cutout bread onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Gently press down on the bread so it sticks to the sheet.
- Carefully break the egg into the hole in the center of the bread. Place the bread circle cutout onto the sheet alongside the piece with the egg. Transfer the sheet to the oven.
- Cook the egg and bread for approximately 10 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your preschooler's liking (approximately 12 minutes for a soft-cooked egg).
- Remove from the oven and serve with the cutout piece of bread on top of the egg.