- 1 carrot
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered or fresh ginger
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Thinly sliced fruit for decoration
- Cutting board and knife
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing spoon
- Pineapple corer
- Wok or large skillet
- Heat-proof mixing spoon
- Serving plate
- Cut carrot, scallions and pepper lengthwise into fine strips, all roughly the same thickness.
- Mix vegetables in a bowl and add soy sauce and ginger.
- Take pineapple and cut the top off (but don't discard). Using a pineapple corer, core pineapple, discard core and cut remaining fresh pineapple into inch cubes.
- In a wok or large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until very hot.
- Add the vegetable mixture and stir fry for about 5 minutes until cooked.
- Add the cubed pineapple and cook for about 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Place the pineapple shell onto a large plate and put the cooked vegetable and pineapple stir fry into the shell.
- Put the pineapple lid back on and decorate the plate with some colorful sliced fruit on either side to make look like a fruit bowl.