- 12 3-inch circles of whole wheat flatbread
- 1 cup feta cheese, plain or seasoned, or shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (to brush on top)
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board and knife
- Jumbo foil baking cups
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoon
- Mixing spoons
- Parchment baking paper
- Pastry brush
- Round cookie cutter or 3" round cup
- Serving plate
- Zip-close sandwich size plastic bag
- Make 12 circles out of flatbread using a round cookie cutter or a 3-inch cup.
- If using feta cheese, soften slightly in microwave to spreadable consistency.
- Place 1 dozen flatbread circles into jumbo foil baking cups, which can be placed directly on baking sheet.
- Fill about 1 tablespoon softened feta, or shredded mozzarella onto flatbread circles, then place spinach leaves on top. (Use a lot of spinach leaves, because they shrink when baked)
- Layer all of the spinach using 3 cups. Press flat with palm.
- Use a pastry brush to cover top of spinach thoroughly with olive oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until edges of flatbread become slightly golden. If the spinach leaves look dry while baking, brush with olive oil.
- Cool completely.