- 1 loaf sliced mutli-grain bread
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dutch oven
- Cutting board
- Casserole dish
- Let bread slices air dry for 1 to 2 hours, then cut into cubes.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery. Cook until soft.
- Season with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in bread cubes until evenly coated. Moisten with chicken broth and mix well.
- Bake in a casserole dish at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 - 40 minutes.