- 6 red peppers
- 6 cups chopped mixed vegetables (e.g., potato, pumpkin, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini)
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1/2 packet French onion soup mix, low sodium
- 6 cucumber slices (for wheelbarrow wheels)
- 12 green beans (for wheelbarrow handles)
- Cut away one side of each pepper to form a wheelbarrow shape. Remove and discard the seeds and inner membrane.
- Place onto an oven tray, cut side up.
- Chop vegetables (including remaining pepper pieces) into small pieces or thin slices.
- Put all vegetables into a large bowl.
- Add cream and soup mix. Stir to combine.
- Pack vegetable mix into peppers, piling high as the vegetable will collapse as they cook.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender.
- While the stuffed peppers cook, boil water and cook the green beans until tender.
- Allow to cool a little.
- Cut an incision in the pointy end of the peppers and insert a cucumber wheel.
- Make incisions in peppers where the handles go and insert green bean handles.