- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 green pepper, diced (reserve 2 small circles for octopus’ eyes)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice.
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 red pepper for decorating
- Vegetables, cut into sticks for serving (e.g. carrots, celery)
- Large mixing bowl
- In a saucepan, melt butter and fry onion and green pepper until tender.
- Add flour and continue to cook until the mixture becomes grainy.
- Remove from heat, add evaporated milk and juice. Stir until smooth.
- Return to heat and stir until mixture boils.
- Add cheese and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
- Cut the red pepper to resemble an octopus and position on the cheese dip.