- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine meat, rice, onion, parsley and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, mix thoroughly.
- Wet your hands and roll mixture into balls.
- In a large saucepan, heat tomato sauce and water until boiling.
- Carefully lower the meatballs into the tomato mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until meatballs are cooked through.