- 1lb package of whole wheat elbow macaroni or pasta of your choice
- 1 can or jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow squash or zucchini
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Pot for heating sauce
- Pot for cooking pasta
- Cutting board
- Serving bowls
- Bring a pot of water to a boil to cook the wheat pasta.
- Thinly slice or chop zucchini or squash to use in sauce.
- Heat the pasta sauce on the stove and put zucchini or squash in sauce to cook for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- When water is boiling, put pasta in the pot and stir occasionally.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, about 8 to 10 minutes, pour it into the strainer.
- Serve pasta with the sauce with zucchini or squash and finish it off with your choice of Italian seasoning or parmesan cheese.