- 2 small cucumbers
- 1 tomato, chopped in to 1/2 inch or smaller pieces
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped in to 1/2 inch or smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup grapes (apples can be substituted if preferred or for children under 2) chopped in to 1/2 inch or smaller pieces
- 14 ounces chicken breast, cooked thoroughly and chopped in to 1/2 inch or smaller pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Knife and cutting board
- Medium size mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Custard cup
- Mix together lettuce, tomato, chicken, and grapes (or apples) in bowl and set aside.
- Mix oil, vinegar, and sugar in custard cup and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour dressing in larger bowl and toss.
- To prepare the planes: Take each cucumber and cut a 1/4 inch thick slice along one side. Keep the piece you have removed, as it will serve as the wings of the plane.
- Cut off one end of the cucumber and cut in half so you have 2 1/2 circles.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the soft insides of the cucumber whose top has been removed.
- Add salad mixture to hollowed out cucumber.
- Place the flat "wing" that was previously the top of the cucumber crosswise across the top so as to create two wings.
- Take one of the 1/2 circles and place it perpendicular to the plane at the tail.