To make the tomato sauce:
- In a large saucepan, add garlic, onion, tomatoes, sugar, basil, seasonings and balsamic vinegar over medium heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes have collapsed and the sauce has started to thicken.
- Pour into base of a large baking dish.
To make the pasta:
- Combine the spinach, parmesan, ricotta, parsley, dill, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into pasta shells.
- Pack filled shells into the baking dish of pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until cooked and golden.