- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups milk (approximately)
- 2 cups fresh berries, chopped
- Line a high-sided baking pan with parchment paper.
- Rub butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add milk to make sticky dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board. Briefly knead until smooth.
- Roll out into a rectangle, half-inch thick.
- Spread berries evenly over the dough leaving an inch border along the further wide side.
- Dampen the bare border with milk.
- From closest wide side, start rolling the dough to enclose the berries in a spiral.
- Slice into 1-inch slices and arrange in the prepared tin.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until cooked and golden.