- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup superfine sugar (or granulated sugar ground fine in a food processor)
- 1 1/8 cups egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Paper cupcake liners
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- Cereal loops
- Cake decorating gel
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake papers. Do not grease.
- Sift flour with half the sugar, 3 times.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
- Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift flour and sugar mixture a fourth time over the egg white mixture in four stages, folding in gently after each addition.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared muffin tins.
- Smooth tops and tap the muffin tray gently to release any air bubbles.
- Bake 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in tins before removing.
- Whip the cream with the raspberry jam until soft peaks form.
- Spread top of cakes with raspberry cream.
- Decorate a face with cereal and decorating gel.