- 1⁄4 cup golden raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 firm-textured green apple, such as Granny Smith
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries
- Shredded coconut (for decoration)
- Small bowl
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Mixing spoon
- Apple corer or paring knife
- Cutting board
- Oven-safe dish
- Sturdy spoon
- 2 serving plates
- In a small bowl, combine the golden raisins, cinnamon, honey and lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside for 30 minutes, until the raisins have plumped up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove apple core with an apple corer or paring knife, keeping the remainder of the apple intact.
- Put the cored apple into an oven-safe dish.
- Fill the apples with the raisin mixture, letting some of the lemon juice spill onto apple.
- Sprinkle the top of the apple with brown sugar and bake until cooked, about 30 minutes.
- When apple is done, carefully remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Spread coconut in a line on each of the plates to make a road.
- Cut cooked apple in half and place one half on each plate in the middle of the coconut road, with the raisin filling facing up.
- Place four raspberries as wheels on the four corners of each apple half and enjoy!