- Old crayons
- Hand-held crayon or pencil sharpener
- Plastic bowl
- Wax paper
- Small pinback
- Craft glue
- Carefully peel off the wrapper from the crayon.
- Using the sharpener, sharpen the crayon over a plastic bowl, collecting the crayon shavings as you work.
- Repeat with 3-4 crayons.
- Fold your piece of wax paper in half and arrange your crayon shavings in between the two sheets of paper in a thin layer.
- Cover the wax paper with a dishtowel and have a grown up Sprout iron over it gently on a medium setting for 45 seconds. Check periodically to make sure the crayon shavings are melting but not overflowing from the wax paper.
- Allow the wax paper to cool for 10 minutes.
- Use scissors to cut out fun shapes from your crayon wax paper.
- Ask a grown up Sprout to help you glue a small pin to the back of your shape.
- Give it to your Grandma or Grandpa for Grandparent’s Day!