- Construction paper
- Safety scissors
- All-purpose glue or tape
- Googly eyes, feathers, pom poms (optional)
- Makers or crayons
- Lay the piece of construction paper down on the table landscape.
- Using a pencil, trace the hand from about an inch from the bottom of the paper. The hand tracing will be the turkey later, the thumb as the turkey’s face and the other fingers as the feathers.
- Draw a line with the pencil across the paper about 2-inches from the bottom, make sure not to draw over the hand tracing part.
- Cut out the hand around the fingers and leave the strip that goes across the paper. That strip will help the turkey stand.
- Color the turkey in with markers or crayon. Use any kind of colors for the feathers.
- Make a little face where the thumb was traced by drawing an eye on your turkey or gluing on a googly eye.
- Cut a small triangle out of another scrap piece of construction paper. Glue it on the back side of the thumb so that it looks like the turkey’s beak.
- Glue craft feathers on the back to add to the fingers or glue a feather on the turkey’s head (optional).
- Use a marker to write the name of the friend or family member on the bottom of the turkey.
- Take a piece of tape or use your glue to pull the strips of paper around and attach the ends together evenly, allowing the turkey to stand up straight on its own.