- Black gift bags (bottle shape or larger)
- Craft glue or tape
- Red, yellow and green construction paper
- Black marker
- Tissue paper
- Safety scissors
Before the party:
- If you have bottle-shaped gift bags, they are already shaped like a traffic light. Alternatively, cut larger gift bags in half and trim one of the cut ends. Slide the two pieces together to create a smaller bag and secure with tape.
- Draw and cut equal-sized circles out of red, yellow and green construction paper. The birthday child can write the word STOP, SLOW or GO on the appropriate light (choose only one word per bag).
- Tape the circles to the bag to resemble a traffic light.
- Stuff bags with candy and loot for your party.
At the party:
- Play "Red Light, Green Light."
- Hand out goody bags at the end of the party.