- 2 Large cups the same size
- 2 rubber bands
- Drawing of a Rocket Ship cut to the height of large cup.
- Take a cup and cut four evenly spaced slits in the rim.
- Cut two rubber bands into strings. Tie a knot at each end of each rubber band. Place them in the slits and stretch them so they are taut and criss-cross each other.
- Put a piece of tape over each slit on the inside so that the cup does not continue to tear.
- Take your Sproutlet’s drawing of a rocket ship and tape it to the side of the cup with the rubber bands.
- To launch the rocket, place the cup with the rocket drawing over the other cup and press down. Let go quickly and see the cup blast off!