- Large white construction paper (rectangular)
- Red, white and blue paint
- Decorations such as construction paper stars, glitter, pom poms, etc…
- Paint brushes
- Tape or all-purpose white glue
- Safety scissors
- Fold the large piece of construction paper in half length-wise.
- Fold again, width-wise. Unfold to reveal four sections.
- Using safety scissors, cut out the bottom left quadrant.
- Take the opposite end and begin rolling the paper like a tube, until reaching the cut out piece. This creates the flag's pole.
- Use tape or glue to secure in place.
- Paint with red, white and blue paint. Let dry.
- Add other decorations such as glitter, construction paper stars, or pom poms to create your flag!