- 1 shoebox, with lid
- Scraps such as magazines, fabric, beads, wrapping paper, etc.
- Old clothing/towels
- All-purpose white glue
- Safety scissors
- Take the lid off the shoebox and poke two holes through the lid about four inches apart.
- Take some ribbon and thread the two ribbon ends through the holes so that they poke out of the underside of the box lid.
- Tie a knot and then flip the box lid over. The ribbon is now a handle for the treasure box.
- Use your imagination to decorate the treasure box with leftover scraps, like cut-out magazine pictures, bits of fabric, beads, or anything else you can find around the house.
- Now you have your very own recycled treasure box!