- Popcorn (stale or leftover)
- Poster paint (in your favorite colors)
- Construction paper (in your favorite color)
- 1 plastic sandwich bag
- 1 paper bag, lunch size
- All-purpose white glue
- Paint brush
- Safety scissors
- Place the popcorn in the plastic sandwich bag, and add your favorite color poster paint. Seal the bag securely, and shake until all of the popcorn is covered in paint. Repeat as many times as you like with different colors of paint.
- Spread the painted popcorn on a flat surface. Let dry.
- Once the painted popcorn is dry, store in a paper bag and set aside.
- Trace the shape of a butterfly on to construction paper and cut it out using safety scissors.
- Paint the inside of your butterfly with glue and place your painted popcorn on the glue so it sticks.
- Once the glue dries and your popcorn is stuck to the butterfly, dab the tops of the popcorn with more glue and sprinkle with glitter to decorate.
- Allow your butterfly to dry, and hang it on display as a sign that Spring is Sprouting.
- Store your leftover painted popcorn in a paper bag for future craft projects.