- 1 breadcrumb container or potato-chip tube
- 1 cardboard tube (from roll of paper towels)
- 1 styrofoam cup
- 1 clear lid (from the breadcrumb or pototo-chip container)
- Black construction paper
- Aluminium foil
- Remove the bottom of a breadcrumb tube so you can see through it.
- Cut the bottom off a styrofoam cup.
- Insert the cup (bottom first) into the breadcrumb tube.
- Cover the breadcrumb tube with black paper and secure with tape.
- Cover the cardboard paper towel tube with black paper and secure with tape.
- Push the cardboard tube into the hole in the styrofoam cup (inside the breadcrumb tube). This should fit snugly but you should be able to push the cardboard tube up and down into the breadcrumb tube.
- Stick a strip of aluminium foil around the top of the cardboard tube and the bottom of the breadcrumb tube.
- Place a clear lid over the bottom of the breadcrumb tube and stick it in place with tape.
- You should be able to open out the telescope to make it long and look through the cardboard tube. When you are not using the telescope, push the cardboard tube down into the breadcrumb tube.