- 1 paper plate
- Cotton balls
- Construction paper, plain or colored
- Colored pencils, markers, or crayons
- Decorations (glitter, sequins, pom poms)
- All-purpose white glue
- Safety scissors
- Using safety scissors, cut the paper plate in half. You can save the other half to make another mask for a friend.
- On one half of the plate, draw two round circles for the big eyes of an owl.
- Cut out the eye holes.
- Cut a large triangle out of construction paper and glue it below the owl's eyes. The triangle should be large enough to hang down to your chin.
- Paste cotton balls above the owl's eyes to look like the feathers. Draw and color more feathers around the face.
- Hold your mask to your face and have fun pretending to be an owl! Practice your best "hoo hoo hoo"!