- Odd socks
- Potting mix
- Water crystals
- Tumbler or large plastic cup
- Length of string
- Gardening trowel or scoop
- Safety scissors
- Mix the potting mix and water crystals as directed on the packet. This will help the planters retain water.
- Put a sock inside the tumbler and bring the elastic edge up and over the top of the tumbler, this will help hold the sock open while you fill it with potting mix.
- Fill using the trowel/scoop.
- Tie a knot at the top of the filled sock. Tie again with string, under the knot, making a loop to hang the planter from.
- Cut small slits in the sock and pull to open.
- Plant seeds in the holes and sprinkle with water.
- Hang in the garden and remember to water regularly for a beautiful summer hanging garden.