- 2 small plastic bottles with caps (such as quart-sized milk bottles)
- Elbow macaroni, uncooked
- Colored construction paper
- Masking tape or any strong tape
- Safety scissors
- Using safety scissors, cut out four strips, four red leaves, or any other decorative shapes that you would like to have on your maracas.
- Glue one strip to the top and one strip to the bottom of the thick part of each bottle.
- Glue two leaves or other decorations to each of the bottles.
- Put enough elbow macaroni inside bottles so that it makes a maraca sound when it shakes.
- Put the caps on the bottles and tape them shut.
- Shake your new maracas everywhere you go!