- 1 opaque cup (that you cannot see through)
- 1 clear pitcher with water
- 1 sponge
- 1 ice cube
- Safety scissors
- Using safety scissors, cut the sponge into a shape that will snuggly fit in the bottom of the cup.
- Put the sponge in the bottom of the cup, and make sure that it won't fall out when you turn the cup upside down.
- Place the ice cube in the cup, on top of the sponge.
- Now it's time to begin your trick!
- Start with the cup and the pitcher of water in front of you on the table. (The cup already has the sponge and ice cube in it, but only you know this!)
- Tell your audience that you have magical powers and can turn water into ice instantly.
- Show the water in the pitcher, and then slowly pour the water into the cup .
- Explain that your breath is so cold it will freeze the water instantly. (You can even shiver a little just to show how cold you are) Say your favorite magic word, and then blow on the water in the cup.
- Turn the cup upside down, and magically no water falls out, only the ice cube!
- Take a bow!