- Buttons and other Small Decorations
- Empty Soup Can
- Trace your hand onto construction paper. With the help of a grown-up Sprout, use scissors to cut out the tracings of your hand.
- Decorate the hands using glitter, glue, buttons, or other small decorations.
- Fold a piece of green construction paper in half and cut rounded shapes into the folded edge of the paper. This will create leaves for your hand flowers.
- Using tape or glue, attach the hand cut-outs and leaves to green plastic straws.
- Cut out two strips of green construction paper long enough to wrap around a soup can. One of the strips should be high enough to cover the top of the can. On the top edge of the paper, cut into the paper vertically to create blades of grass.
- Attach these pieces of construction paper to a soup can using tape or glue.
- Put your flowers in the empty soup can and surprise a mother on Mother’s Day with this beautiful bouquet!