- 1 shoe box
- 1 cardboard tube (from roll of toilet paper)
- Pictures of friends
- Construction paper
- Safety scissors
- Using safety scissors, make a hole in the center of the top of the shoe box. This is where the paper towel roll will go, so you can use the end of the roll and trace it so you get the right size.
- Fold the construction paper in half (horizontal).
- Draw a diagonal line from one corner to another, and then cut along that line with scissors.
- You will now have one big triangle with a crease down the middle, and two smaller triangles. Tape the big triangle to one end of the paper towel roll to make it look like a ship's sail (see illustration).
- Put the other end of the paper towel roll in the hole cut in the top of the shoe box.
- Now you can glue or tape pictures of your friends all over the ship… making it a Friend-Ship!