- 1 large square box
- 8 small paper cups
- 2 paper plates
- Pipe cleaners
- Paint, markers, or crayons
- All-purpose white glue or tape
- Safety scissors
- Hole punch
- Remove or fold in any flaps on the large box.
- Draw the body of an elephant (everything but the ears, trunk, and tail) on the box. Use as much of the box's surface.
- Color the elephant with paint, crayons, or markers.
- Paint or color the paper plates and small paper cups.
- Glue or tape the paper plate at the top of the elephant's head on each side to make the ears.
- Punch holes in the bottom of the small cups.
- Thread the cups (top to top, bottom to bottom, top to top and so on) through a long piece of pipe cleaner to make the elephant's trunk.
- Glue the trunk to the front of the box. Let dry.
- Using the hole punch, make a hole in the back of your elephant, and thread a pipe cleaner through the hole. This is your elephant's tail.