- Oatmeal container or a recycled container (in the shape of a tube)
- Construction paper
- Rubber bands
- Cut the bottom of the oatmeal container to create the tube for your drum.
- Place the tube over a piece of parchment paper and draw a circle at least 1-inch away from the edge of the frame so there will be room for affixing the parchment paper to the frame.
- Using safety scissors, cut 8 pieces of parchment paper in a circle according to your measurements.
- Apply a layer of glue over the entire side of one side of parchment paper and lay another piece of parchment paper to the first one.
- Repeat eight times total so you eventually have a thick layer of glue and parchment paper together.
- Place the drum tube over the center of the parchment paper and apply glue to the exposed parchment paper.
- Bend it over the drum tube and apply rubber bands to hold the paper in place until the entire drum dries.
- Decorate the drum in any way you wish.