For the basic body shape:
- 1 large cardboard box (with holes for head and arms and bottom of box
already cut out)
- Yellow paint
- Paint tray and roller
- 1 small metal can (from a canned good such as chick peas)
- 1 red bottle lid (for start/stop button)
- Small plastic olive oil bottle
- Round lid from laundry detergent
- Black duct tape
- Aluminium foil
For the digger you will need:
- 4 cardboard tubes (from rolls of paper towels)
- Cereal box
For the crane you will need:
- 1 long aluminium foil box
- Piece of paper
- Paper plate (cut into a hook shape)
- To make the crane and digger - basic body shape:
- Cut the bottom out of a cardboard box. Cut out holes for arms and head.
- Paint the box yellow using a roller. Leave to dry.
- To make the lever, cover a plastic olive oil bottle with aluminium foil. Attach a round laundry bottle lid to the top with tape.
- When your box is dry, stick black duct tape around the edges to make it look more like a construction vehicle.
- Use tape to adhere a red lid to the top of the box to serve as a start/stop button.
- Use tape to adhere a small can to the top of the box.
- Attach the olive oil bottle "lever" to the side of the box using black duct tape. Attach it on an angle to look like a lever.