- Peeled and broken crayons (in many colors)
- Clear cellophane bags
- Star garland, ribbon, yarn, or metallic twist ties
- Muffin pan
- Wax paper
- Thick dishtowel
- Break peeled crayons into pieces that are about the same size and width.
(Tip: Pieces that are no more than half an inch long will work best.)
- Use an old muffin pan with smooth sides (to melt crayons into planets).
- Fill muffin cups in the pan about halfway with broken crayons.
- Arrange the colors of the crayon bits in the muffin cups in any combination.
(Tip: Try metallic crayons to create a cool shimmery gallactical
- Bake, uncovered, at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-6 minutes, or until the
entire top has melted flat. Watch the crayons carefully and take them out as
soon as the tops are smooth so that the colors on top don't blend together
- Refrigerate or freeze until the wax has completely hardened.
- Flip the pan onto a thick dishtowel. Tap the bottom of the pan, and your
beautiful planets should drop right out!
- Drop one or more planet in a clear cellophane bag for each guest, and tie
with star garland, ribbon, yarn, or metallic twist-ties. (Tip: Add Sprout's
printable Rocketship Favor Tags if desired)