- Celery heart
- Paper or cloth
- Sponge or sponge brush
- Paint Brush
- Cutting board
- Using the knife, cut off the bottom of the celery heart. The celery stalks can be saved to make a snack. When cut evenly, the celery heart will look like a rose. The closer to the bottom you cut, the tighter the "rose petals" will be.
- Dab the celery heart with a paper towel to soak up excess moisture. The drier it is, the better the stamp will be.
- Use the sponge or sponge brush to apply a light coating of paint to the cut side of the celery heart.
- Use this as a stamp to make rose patterns on your paper or cloth.
- Use green paint and the paint brush to make rose stems and leaves.
- When finished, wash off the paint from the celery heart and compost it.
- Hang your artwork up to dry and have a celery snack!